Get Super Visa Insurance Rates in Minutes
Honest Rates. Dependable Coverage.
Protect yourself from unexpected medical expenses while visiting your family in Canada. Adjust your coverage according to your needs!
What is Super Visa Insurance?
Super Visa is designed specifically for parents and grandparents of Canadian immigrants. Unlike the standard Canadian visitor visa which permits travelers to stay in the country for up to 6 months, Super Visa allows visits lasting up to 2 years and is valid for 10 years with the possibility of multiple entries.
Obtaining a minimum of $100,000 in health coverage for at least a year from a Canadian insurer is mandatory to apply for Super Visa. Since Super Visa holders won’t have access to Canadian public healthcare, Super Visa Insurance acts as protection from financial hardship in the event of medical emergencies. Dental care and repatriation coverage are commonly included as well.
As per usual, the cost of Super Visa Insurance is influenced by the age and medical history of the applicant. The price will rise as you add or increase coverage within your basic or premium plan. On average, a grandparent below the age of 75 will pay about $1,500 per year. However, if you are traveling with a companion, you may bundle your plans together for a reduced cost.
Super Visa eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian permanent resident or citizen
- Applicant must provide a signed letter from their child or grandchild (inviter) that includes: list of people in the inviter’s household, a promise from the inviter to provide financial support to the applicant during their stay, and proof that the inviter is a Canadian permanent resident or citizen
- Applicant must obtain at least $100,000 in health insurance coverage for a minimum of a year from the entry date
- Super Visa Insurance must be secured outside Canada and from a Canadian company
- Super Visa Insurance must be paid in full before entry
Super Visa Insurance is required in order to guarantee that the applicant will be able to cover the cost of medical treatments in case they become sick or suffer a medical emergency.
Types of Super Visa Insurance in Canada
Super Visa Insurance is mostly designed to cover emergency medical expenses that visitors would otherwise have to pay out-of-pocket. The higher your coverage, the more protected you will be in case of unforeseen medical issues. Typically, you have a choice between basic and premium plans, but coverage will still vary among providers.
Both types of plans provide the minimum required $100,000 in medical coverage.
How to Save Money on Super Visa Insurance?
The best way to save money on insurance is to shop around and compare rates from different providers. This can be an exhaustive and time-consuming process. Thankfully, Policy Rates takes care of it for you! When you request a quote through our website, we check what rates you can get from every major Canadian insurer.
Policy Rates provides you with the lowest rates for the level of coverage that you desire from top insurance companies.